Queens International Inc: Richmond

Queens International Inc.


Here in Richmond it's often difficult to find Jamaican food worth eating. I'm still mourning the closing of my friend Chef's, restaurant. It's killing me softly. He had the best jerk chicken on the planet and the only oxtails I'd eat. If you're like me and LOVE Jamaican but can't find anything good, I may be able to help. 

A friend of mine referred me to Queens. As I enter I think I'm in the wrong place, it's literally a Jamaican market. I was confused for a second thinking I was in the grocery store. After walking to the back and getting greeted by the coldest look from a menacing angry black woman, I politely asked is this where I order food. I'll admit, I'm big on customer service, if it's not good, neither am I. I'm usually outta there. However, the place smelled AWESOME! 

I had to try to place my friend had so much confidence in. I proceed with my order despite the poor attitude of the staff. I asked a more outspoken staff-person why the lady was so angry to be answered "She's always like that."

On to the food though. 

It was pretty damn good! I originally tried the jerk chicken, but I've been back several times for the curry chicken platter. The jerk chicken was average, but the curry is the real star. It has a subtle heat while having a hearty feel to it. It's something you'd like to eat on a colder day to warm your insides and your tongue. 

If you're in the search for some decent Jamaican in the River city, I hope this helps..

Meek out..


0 comments:

Post a Comment